Achieving your Gold Award is a big deal. It shows that you have the skills, determination and mentality to really succeed. So it’s only right that you get a proper celebration of your achievement. Our Gold Award Presentations (or GAPs for short) are just that.
We hold GAPs in:
- London at St James’s Palace – around eight times a year
- Scotland at the Palace of HolyroodHouse – once a year
- Northern Ireland at Hillsborough Castle – annually, the date is usually confirmed around four weeks in advance. Please note this presentation is for young people who are residents of Northern Ireland only.
You’ll receive your Award in the presence of a member of the Royal Family – it’s a great day out!
Our photographers will be on hand to capture the event for you – find out more about our photography service.
You can expect to receive an invite to a GAP around 8-12 months after we have received your approved Gold notification form from your Licensed Organisation.
Please check out our information and FAQ pages for lots of information, advice and travel tips for each venue:
- London presentations FAQs and local map
- Scotland Presentation FAQs
- Northern Ireland presentations FAQs
- Please remember to bring two forms of ID with you – both for yourself and your guest. One of these must be photographic.
- If possible, wear your Gold Award Badge or Brooch. This should have been sent to you from your Licensed Organisation – if not please contact them.
If you have any other questions about GAPs we’ll be happy to help:
- For London GAPs please contact the Gold Award team on 01753 727431 (Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00 ONLY) or email us at GAP@dofe.org
- For Scottish GAPs please call 0131 343 0920 (Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00 ONLY) or email us at GAPScotland@dofe.org
- For Northern Ireland GAPs please call (Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00 ONLY) or email us at NIGAP@dofe.org
- If you have a question about photography please contact Tempest Photography via www.tempest-DofE.co.uk