When a Trainee Assessor requests accreditation, it first goes to their Primary affiliation for approval.
The DofE/AAP Manager, or another member of staff with the "Can add and edit assessor accreditations" permission can perform this action.
If you are both the Trainee Assessor and DofE/AAP Manager, you can complete this approval step for yourself.
1. Log in to eDofE and go to Training Alerts in your Communications box
Or go to Training > Training alerts
2. Click the alert - Accreditation requested by Trainee
3. This will open the Trainee Assessor's profile. If you wish, you can verify that they have a suitable profile photo for their ID badge, verify their contact details, check they have completed all the steps on the Route to Accreditation and ensure that their Qualifications, experience and technical declaration section is correct.
4. Go to Accreditation - Action required.
5. If you are happy with the request, click Request accreditation. You will be prompted to complete the official endorsement form.
If you are not happy with the request, you can select Reject and you will be asked to provide the Trainee Assessor with a reason. They can resubmit at a later date if necessary.
6. Once you have approved the request, it will come to the DofE Office for processing. You and the Trainee Assessor will receive an email confirming the accreditation.
Can't see the Training Alerts
If you can't see the Training Alerts, please check you are using your account with the appropriate permissions. If you are and you still can't see the alerts, you can manually search for your Trainee Assessor by going to Training > Training search and searching for them within your Location or by using their ID number in the Details box. If you then click "View" you will open up their profile as seen above.
Can't see the Request accreditation button
If you can't see the Request accreditation button, please check that all the steps on the Trainee Assessor's Route to Accreditation are complete - they will be marked with a green tick. If there are steps outstanding, you can reject the request and let the Trainee Assessor know which steps they need to complete.
If you need any further support, or have any questions, please email Accreditation@DofE.org