If a participant already has an eDofE account, a level can be added rather than creating a new account.
1) Click on 'Manage participants' and 'Add next level'
2) Choose a group and click 'Search' to bring up a list of participants.
3) Select the enrolment date and then tick the box to the right of the participant under the level you wish to add. Click 'Add level'
4) A pop-up box will appear which will allow you to choose a new group to move the participant into (the group needs to be created beforehand- How do I create a group?). Click 'Next':
5) You will then need to select which level you are adding (the number showing is the amount of participation places you have at that level- if it is 0 you will need to purchase more participant places How do I purchase participation places?) and click 'Add level':
You can delete a level by selecting the participant in 'Participant overview', then clicking on the level (e.g. Gold) and then clicking 'Delete level' button on the right. You only have 14 days from the date of adding the level to do this.
Certain conditions need to be in place before a level can be added:
- The relevant Participation Place is available. Please talk to your Licensed Organisation otherwise.
- The participant has met the age criteria for this level (See ‘DofE information’ age requirements).
- The participant must have at least one section of their previous award level approved (this will be the only section open in the higher level). As other sections get signed off they open at the next level, except for the last section which requires the full Award to be approved.
- If the participant has two incomplete award levels, one must be completed before adding the third level i.e. for bronze and silver, bronze must be completed before adding gold
- The participant is in a group that you are allocated to. Please talk to your DofE Co-ordinator otherwise.
- The participant’s account is not archived – please unarchive the account to enable you to continue to add the level.
- The participant's status is 'active' (the participant will need to log in if they are currently 'inactive')
Should you have any issues, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org