- What is the Directly Approve screen?
This screen allows adults to see and approve a participant’s section that has:
- All mandatory information fields completed
- The activity end date (or section earliest completion date) is today or has passed
- An assessors report has been uploaded and marked accordingly
If all the above information has been entered, an adult can approve the section without the participant needing to submit for approval.
- How do I access the Directly Approve screen?
The Directly approve screen is only available to adult accounts and there are a couple of different ways that the Directly Approve screen can be accessed:
- I have an Administrator, Primary Administrator &/or DofE Manager account:
From the left-hand menu, select ‘Manage Participants > Directly approve’
- I have a Leader &/or Coordinator account:
Leaders and Coordinators have two ways that they can access the ‘Directly approve’ screen. You can access it via the left-hand menu by selecting ‘Manage Participants > Directly approve’
Leaders and Coordinators also have a link to the screen from the communications menu on the right-hand side of the screen. If you have any participants accounts that can be directly approved, it will say ‘Yes’ and a link will take you through to the ‘Directly approve’ screen. If there are no participants to be directly approved, this will say ‘No’.
- What can I sign off from the ‘Directly approve’ screen?
If you have an Administrator, Primary Administrator or Manager account, you will be able to choose to look at a specific group or alternatively all the groups within a centre. You will then be able to approve a section that is in ‘Draft’, ‘ Programme planner submitted’ or ‘Programme planner approved’ that has all of the mandatory information, an assessors report and the timescales have elapsed.
If you have a Leader or Coordinator account, you will not have the option to choose a group, instead the page will display participants that can be directly approved for all of the groups that you are a leader for.
- I can't sign off a participant's last Gold section - it says something about a GAP application?
A participant must complete their GAP application before their award can be signed off. A participant can choose if and where they would like to attend an presentation and if they would like to choose to receive a badge or a brooch. If a participant hasn't completed their GAP application, you will see a message in red text and the participant will need to complete this before you can approve the last section.